Push notifications are alerts sent from an app to a user’s device, even when the app isn’t open. These can include social media updates, news alerts, or special offers. For subscription apps, they play a vital role in converting trial users to subscribers and retaining current subscribers by notifying them about new content or features.
To create effective push notifications:
- Keep the design simple, with clear icons and minimal text.
- Craft headlines under 50 characters that instantly hook the user.
- Use straightforward language and personalize messages where possible.
- Ensure the call to action (CTA) is clear and directs users to the relevant app screen.
- Time your notifications wisely and avoid bombarding users with too many alerts.
SMS Marketing: Connecting Directly with Customers
SMS marketing involves sending news, updates, and offers via text messages. As a direct and personal communication channel, it’s important to navigate SMS marketing with a thoughtful strategy.
Key SMS marketing strategies include:
- Developing a clear messaging strategy with SMART goals.
- Making the sign-up process simple and seamless across all platforms
- Gaining explicit consent from subscribers before sending messages.
- Using personalization to establish and strengthen customer loyalty.
- Identifying your brand clearly in each message.
- Being responsive to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Being mindful of different time zones when sending messages.
- Delivering immediate value and exclusive offers to subscribers.
In conclusion, both push notifications and SMS marketing are powerful tools in the digital marketer’s arsenal. By focusing on user engagement, personalization, and timely communication, these strategies can help create more how effective your push notifications are, and improve your engagement.